What U.S. Exporters Need to Know
On May 22nd the U.S. Department of Commerce will host a webinar for American exporters on the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield program. The purpose of the webinar is to provide American companies with a background on the GDPR and information on a compliance mechanism administered by the U.S. federal government.
All U.S. companies who are exporting to the European Union either Business to Business or Business to Consumer, marketing to EU citizens, or addressing inquiries from EU citizens for their products or services must comply with EU data privacy rules regardless of their physical presence (or not) in the EU. The GDPR applies to all industry sectors.
Date: Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Time: 12:00 – 1:30 PM EST
Location: Your Computer
What you need to know:
Do you have customers, clients or employees in Europe? Are you interested in selling to customers in Europe in the future? If the answer to either of these questions is yes, join us and learn about how the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) may impact your business when it comes into force in May 2018. Failure to comply with the GDPR could result in stiff fines as high as 4 percent of your company’s overall revenue.
In 2016, the International Trade Administration of the U.S. Department of Commerce launched the EU- U.S. Privacy Shield Framework to provide U.S. companies with a mechanism to comply with EU data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the EU to the United States. Over 2,300 companies use this program to transfer data. Privacy Shield can play an integral role in many companies’ overall GDPR compliance strategy.
• Isabelle Roccia – Market Access Specialist, U.S. Mission to the European Union -Brussels, Belgium
• Andrew Steele – Policy Advisor, Office of Digital Initiatives, International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce – Washington, D.C.
• Find out why Europe is a key market for U.S. Businesses
• Gain in-depth knowledge about GDPR requirements including: Accountability & transparency, Security and privacy by default, Communication with your customers and business partners
• Discover how GDPR can impact your business including: What processes and tools should be put in place, How to start the compliance process, How to turn GDPR into a business advantage,
• Learn about the Privacy Shield Program and how to apply: New Requirements under Privacy Shield
• Application and Review Process, Know what to keep an eye on in the future
Please contact Justin Oslowski, NH Export Assistance Center or at (603) 610-2416
For more information:
Click here to visit our website for more information on GDPR