Funded in part through a grant with the U.S. Small Business Administration
The Go eGlobal Fund
Supporting Digital Strategy Development and eLearning for Export
The New Hampshire Office of International Commerce invites eligible New Hampshire companies to apply for the Go eGlobal Fund, funded through the STEP Grant, to help directly cover all costs towards digital strategy development in global trade. This special fund has been created to provide alternative activity support during the COVID-19 pandemic. We understand businesses are encountering tremendous difficulties and international trade efforts have been affected. With a focus on web-based and eCommerce initiatives becoming more central for many companies, we hope this new resource can support your continuing international engagement.
See if Your Company is Eligible
for the Go eGlobal Fund
Eligibility is limited to New Hampshire companies that satisfy the following criteria:
- Operate a licensed business in New Hampshire to manufacture, assemble and/or distribute a product, or provide an exportable service;
- Be in good standing with the New Hampshire Department of Revenue and the IRS;
- Meet the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) definition of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise (SME). This SBA-funded program defines a SME as an entity that:
- Complies with SBA size standards found here and referenced at 13 C.F.R. Part 121;
- Has been in business for not less than the 1-year period ending on the date on which assistance is provided under the Program;
- Is operating profitably, based on its operations in the US;
- Has demonstrated understanding of the costs associated with exporting and doing business with foreign purchasers, including the costs of freight forwarding, customs brokers, packing and shipping; and,
- Has a strategic plan for exporting in effect.
51% U.S. content requirement.
- Agree to be featured in articles, blogspots, social media entries, press releases and videos created by New Hampshire Office of International Commerce (OIC), Division of Economic Development, and US Dept of Commerce. This includes photographic image, name and likeness and biographical material.
An eligible company can apply for up to a maximum of $6,000.00 towards qualified expenses of eligible activities:
- Website translation into foreign language (up to $3,000.00)
- Website search engine optimization (up to $3,000.00)
- Website localization services (up to $3,000.00)
- Design of international marketing materials (up to $3,000.00)
- Translation of international marketing materials
- Online export-related training and education courses
An eligible company may apply for reimbursement towards the above mentioned activities. This is a limited time program and will be available until funds are exhausted!
We understand companies are adjusting and adapting to this very difficult situation and priorities and needs are changing quickly. Please contact us to discuss ideas for this program, but some examples of sample projects could include:
- An eligible company spends $3,000.00 translating pages on their website into a foreign language, and therefore, can apply for reimbursement up to $3,000.00.
- An eligible company spends $3,000.00 translating pages on their website into a foreign language and spends $2,000.00 on online export-related trainings for staff. Therefore, they can apply for reimbursement up to $5,000.00.
- Review the eligibility criteria from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to access the STEP Grant: https://nhexportassistance.com/stepqualifications. If you are unsure if your company qualifies, please contact Rachel Adams to confirm eligibility.
- Complete the questionnaire below.
- Questionnaire will be reviewed by a committee and you will be notified within one week by email with approval of your award.
- This is a limited time program and will be available until funds are exhausted.
- A company would be limited to apply for up to two (2) activities.
- If your company receives an award, quarterly progress reports will be required and reimbursements/itemized receipts must be submitted once all activities have been completed and all expenses are paid.
- All reimbursements will be issued upon completion of approved activity.
- Eligible companies must be New Hampshire STEP qualified, and must agree to SBA’s Self Certification Form in the questionnaire below.
Go eGlobal Fund Questionnaire
International Trade Officer