Funded in part through a grant with the U.S. Small Business Administration
The Go eGlobal Fund 2.0
Supporting Digital Strategy Development and eLearning for Exports
The New Hampshire Office of International Commerce invites eligible New Hampshire companies to apply for the Go eGlobal Fund 2.0, funded through the STEP Grant, to help cover 90% of total activity costs, up to $6,000, towards digital strategy development in global trade. This special fund has been created to provide alternative activity support during the COVID-19 pandemic. We understand businesses are encountering tremendous difficulties and international trade efforts have been affected. With a focus on web-based and eCommerce initiatives becoming more central for many companies, we hope this new resource can support your continuing international engagement.
See if Your Company is Eligible
for the Go eGlobal Fund 2.0
Eligibility is limited to New Hampshire companies that satisfy the following criteria:
- Operate a licensed business in New Hampshire to manufacture, assemble and/or distribute a product, or provide an exportable service;
- Be in good standing with the New Hampshire Department of Revenue and the IRS;
- Meet the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) definition of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise (SME). This SBA-funded program defines a SME as an entity that:
- Complies with SBA size standards found here and referenced at 13 C.F.R. Part 121;
- Has been in business for not less than the 1-year period ending on the date on which assistance is provided under the Program;
- Is operating profitably, based on its operations in the US;
- Has demonstrated understanding of the costs associated with exporting and doing business with foreign purchasers, including the costs of freight forwarding, customs brokers, packing and shipping; and,
- Has a strategic plan for exporting in effect.
51% U.S. content requirement.
- Agree to be featured in articles, blogspots, social media entries, press releases and videos created by New Hampshire Office of International Commerce (OIC), Division of Economic Development, and US Dept of Commerce. This includes photographic image, name and likeness and biographical material.
An eligible company can apply for up to a maximum of $6,000.00 and have 90% of total activities matched towards qualified expenses of eligible activities:
- NEW! eCommerce cybersecurity fees; mobile app integration; creation of online marketplace services, like Amazon, Walmart or Alibaba
- NEW! Costs associated with intellectual property protection
- NEW! RAISE Rural Intel Service
- Virtual trade shows/virtual trade missions
- Combination of in-person and virtual trade shows
- Website translation into foreign language
- Website search engine optimization
- Website localization services
- Design of international marketing materials
- Translation of international marketing materials
- Online export-related training and education courses. Upcoming qualifying events include:
- February 23-24: AES/ACE 2 Day Webinar
- February 23 - May 13: The 2021 Europe Webinar Series: France, Spain, Italy, Germany and Russia
- March 2-5: BIS Online Complying with U.S. Export Controls
- April 28 - 30: Export Compliance Officer Training and Certification
- Additional BIS trainings in April, June, and August
An eligible company may apply for reimbursement towards the above mentioned activities. This is a limited time program and will be available until funds are exhausted!
We understand companies are adjusting and adapting to this very difficult situation and priorities and needs are changing quickly. Please contact us to discuss ideas for this program, but some examples of sample projects could include:
- An eligible company spends $3,000.00 translating pages on their website into a foreign language, and therefore, can apply for reimbursement up to $2,700.00.
- An eligible company spends $3,000.00 translating pages on their website into a foreign language and spends $2,000.00 on online export-related trainings for staff, totaling $5,000.00. Therefore, they can apply for reimbursement up to $4,500.00.
- Review the eligibility criteria from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to access the STEP Grant: https://nhexportassistance.com/stepqualifications. If you are unsure if your company qualifies, please contact Rachel Adams to confirm eligibility.
- Complete the questionnaire below.
- It is strongly suggested that you upload a quotation, screen shot or a list of estimated charges from your service provider. This should also include activity information, cost and expected completion dates.
- Questionnaire will be reviewed by a committee and you will be notified within one week by email with approval of your award.
- This is a limited time program and will be available until funds are exhausted.
- A company would be limited to apply for up to two (2) activities.
- If your company receives an award, quarterly progress reports will be required and reimbursements/itemized receipts must be submitted once all activities have been completed and all expenses are paid.
- All reimbursements will be issued upon completion of approved activity.
- Eligible companies must be New Hampshire STEP qualified, and must agree to SBA’s Self Certification Form in the questionnaire below.
- Upload a quotation, screen shot or scope of work in the questionnaire from their service provider. This should also include the activity description and timeline to complete the project.
- Final activity costs must be no less than 10% below the total requested funding amount. Failure to meet that requirement may impact future grant applications.
Go eGlobal Fund 2.0 Questionnaire