OIC is not accepting applications at this time. Please check back soon!
About This Position
The State of NH Office of International Commerce (OIC) is charged with planning, developing and administering programs for international trade promotion and foreign market development, as well as coordinating other public and private organizations involved in similar efforts.
You’ll apply coursework concepts and critical thinking skills to real-world scenarios while working alongside representatives from the state and federal government, as well as private sector partners.
Interns will be located with the State of NH Office of International Commerce in Concord. Interns will have access to State of NH databases and resources.
As a result of this collaboration, interns will see the full range of export promotion programs available to New Hampshire businesses and will receive unique insight into many of NH’s fastest growing sectors!
- Market Research: Utilizing databases, trade journals and internet based market research to assist companies identify best market prospects; Conducting analytical research pertaining to specific markets and products
- Promotional: Helping to design and implement programs and events; Promoting overseas trade shows, export leads, seminars and other trade activities; Preparation of newsletters, webinars and other promotional materials; Seminar support
- Marketing: Contributing to the development of communications materials and reports; Communicating and engaging with statewide business leaders and government officials; Creating, updating, manipulating, and analyzing databases
- Business Counseling: Directing telephone inquiries from exporters regarding trade requirements, regulations, documentation, country issues, commodity classification, etc.
- Administrative: Website management; Data entry; Maintenance of trade reference resources
- Special Projects as assigned
Do You Qualify?
To be considered for this unpaid internship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Self-starter approach to projects
- Interest in International Trade
- Enrolled at an accredited college or university at the undergraduate or graduate level
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- 3+ days per week availability from January-May 2019
- Ability to think critically to solve problems
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Comfortable maintaining correspondence by email and telephone
- Knowledge of Word, Powerpoint and Excel spreadsheets & formulas
- Positive attitude and team player mentality
How to Apply
To be considered for an internship position, please submit a:
- Cover letter
- Internship Application Form (the Internship Application Form can be downloaded here: Internship Application)
Please use the form on the right of this screen to enter all information. *Please do NOT include any personally identifiable information such as social security number or birthdate with your resume or cover letter.
For questions regarding this opportunity, please contact:
Mr. Nathaniel Nelson, International Trade Officer
New Hampshire Office of International Commerce
Selected candidates will be contacted for in-person or telephone interviews with State of NH Office of International Commerce representatives.
Although this position focuses on international business/trade/policy, we encourage individuals to apply regardless of major or school.
If you are selected to be part of our internship program, you will:
- Gain valuable experience working with real-world business challenges and opportunities
- Learn about and be exposed to the different operating principles at the State government, Federal government, and private sector levels
- Develop competencies that will prepare you to launch your career after completing your studies
- Build a foundation for your professional network through exposure to a wide-range of government, association, business service provider and company contacts.