Funded in part through a grant with the U.S. Small Business Administration
Award Application Information
Pending the approval of New Hampshire's Governor & Council, the State of New Hampshire Office of International Commerce is pleased to announce the 2020-22 STEP Financial Assistance Award Application is now available!*
Once again, the Export Promotion Financial Assistance Award Program was included as part of the State of New Hampshire’s State Trade Expansion Program (STEP) Grant. Eligible companies in New Hampshire are invited to apply for a 90% cash match grant of up to $6,000 to help offset their activities in international markets.
In order to apply for an Export Promotion Financial Assistance Award, companies must be:
- Based in New Hampshire
- Meet SBA’s criteria for a small-medium sized business - please review SBA's requirements to ensure your company qualifies here: https://www.sba.gov/content/small-business-size-standards
The funding must be used to begin, enhance or support a company’s international development goals. For example, grant funds can be used for:
- Website development projects focusing on international enhancements (i.e. foreign language translation, SEO, localization services)
- Development of international marketing materials
- Online export-related training and education courses
- Independent export consultant services
- Product certification/compliance testing to sell internationally
- Attending trade shows/trade missions
- Complete application packet including a proposal detailing an export promotion plan, along with the expense report – Partial application submissions will NOT be reviewed.
- Provide required SBA certification forms
- Reimbursements will be based on completion of trade activity and all itemized receipts compiled in one submission.
- Due to SBA modifications, all successful grant activity expenses must be incurred within two (2) years of the grant period (October 1, 2020 through September 29, 2022-no exceptions). Companies must have their activities completed by September 29, 2022.
- Provide quarterly progress reports from October 1, 2020 – September 29, 2022. Note that once a company’s activity has concluded and the award money has been issued, progress reports are still required to be submitted through September 29, 2022.
- Provide information regarding international development successes whether through joint ventures, actual sales, contract agreements, partnering with distributors/agents.
DIRECTIONS TO APPLY:
- Click the NH Export Promotion Grant Program Guidelines April 2021 to download the application.
- Register for the STEP 9 Financial Assistance Award webinar on Thursday, September 16, 2020. For questions or guidance relating to the program, please contact Tina Kasim or Rachel Adams.
- Submit your application on the STEP Financial Assistance Award Application page.
International Trade Officer