State Trade Expansion Promotion (STEP) Company Eligibility and Qualifications:
Free eligibility is limited to New Hampshire companies that satisfy the following criteria:
- Operate a licensed business in New Hampshire to manufacture, assemble and/or distribute a product, or provide an exportable service;
- Be in good standing with the New Hampshire Department of Revenue and the IRS;
- Meet the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) definition of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise (SME). This SBA-funded program defines a SME as an entity that:
- Complies with SBA size standards found here and referenced at 13 C.F.R. Part 121;
- Has been in business for not less than the 1-year period ending on the date on which assistance is provided under the Program;
- Is operating profitably, based on its operations in the US;
- Has demonstrated understanding of the costs associated with exporting and doing business with foreign purchasers, including the costs of freight forwarding, customs brokers, packing and shipping; and,
- Has a strategic plan for exporting in effect.
- 51% U.S. content requirement.
- Agree to be featured in articles, blogspots, social media entries, press releases and videos created by New Hampshire Office of International Commerce (OIC), Division of Economic Development, and US Dept of Commerce. This includes photographic image, name and likeness and biographical material.
If your company meets all of these requirements, please return to the registration form, click “I Qualify for Free Sessions” for the eligibility question and complete the remainder of the your form.
If your company meets some or none of these requirements, please return to the registration, click “I Do Not Qualify for Free Sessions” for the eligibility question, complete the remainder of the form and submit payment.
If you are still unsure, please contact Rachel Adams at +1 (603) 271-8444 to assist with eligibility.